Writing quote

Sure, it's simple writing for kids...Just as simple as raising them.
— Ursula K. LeGuin

Saturday, May 25, 2013

SCBWI MAGAZINE LETTER OF MERIT!

  Yay! My article, "The Elephant Queen" (Faces, Jan. 2012) received a Letter of Merit from the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) as a runner up in the 2013 Magazine Merit Awards in non-fiction. It was one of 12 Letters of Merit and 8 awards given out of more than 100 entries. You can check out the article below. Thank you, SCBWI!




























































6 comments:

  1. Congratulations - great article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Elephants are my son's favorite animal - such intelligence. Glad you wrote this wonderful article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, everyone! Visiting the Elephant Nature Park is on my bucket list. Last December, for my brother's Christmas present, I adopted a baby elephant for him for one year. The money goes towards food, medicine, and general care of the elephant. You can pick which elephant you want to adopt on their site. My brother's name is Jason Yim. Guess what the elephant's name was? Chang Yim! So, of course I had to pick him. Plus he was just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Natasha, and thanks for sharing your informative and heartfelt magazine article on your blog. I love reading your opening scene, which pulled me in, creative nonfiction at its best.

    My WordPress creditiatals and OpenID aren't allowed sometimes on Blogger, so I will sign below.

    Deborah at Dog Leader Mysteries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah. Sorry for the late response. I'm still trying to figure out how to get Blogger to alert me when there are comments, especially on older posts.

      Delete