Writing quote

Sure, it's simple writing for kids...Just as simple as raising them.
— Ursula K. LeGuin

Monday, April 23, 2007

UPCOMING WRITING EVENTS!

On the writing front, my ten minute play, "Oh, Baby", will be produced at Mendocino Community College as part of their annual New Play Festival. Performance dates are Fri., May 18 and Sat., May 19, at 8 pm. For more information, contact Reid Edelman at 468-3172 or redelman@mendocino.edu, or check back later on my website for any updates. My last ten minute play, "Flavor of the Month", was performed at Mendocino College's 3rd Annual New Play Festival in May 2005.

On Sat., June 2, from 3 pm. - 4 pm., I will be co-teaching a workshop, "Discovering the Children's Writer in You -- from Idea to Submission" with my writers' group pal, Gretchen Maurer, at the Mendocino Litfest, a free event held at Mendocino Community College. I'll also be reading from my picture book, "Otto's Rainy Day' during the Kids in the Quad session, sometime between 10:30 am. and 3:00 pm. For more info., click on the Mendocino Lit. Fest link. I hope to meet some of you there. There will also be a wonderful keynote speaker -- multiple award-winning author, Gary Soto -- who will sign his latest books, "A Simple Plan", a compilation of poetry for adults, and "Mercy on These Teenage Chimps", a young adult novel. You can find out more about Gary on his website, just click on the Gary Soto link.

Hope to meet some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment