Writing quote

Sure, it's simple writing for kids...Just as simple as raising them.
— Ursula K. LeGuin

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

AS THE PUBLISHING WORLD TURNS ...

Susan McCombs from Tricycle Press sent me an editorial e-mail today (yep, the publishing industry is going high tech.) She finally got a chance to take my manuscript to an editorial meeting and the editors were "intrigued" by my story. It's sooo exciting!! They had a few questions and some suggestions for revisions (basically expanding already-present elements to the story). So, revise, revise, revise. They weren't difficult changes, and I had a lot of fun with them. I used to dread the revision process, but now I really enjoy it because the story is already there, pretty much complete, and all I'm doing is tweaking things here and there to strengthen the way I tell the story.

I submitted the story to my writer's group, the Ukiah Writers' Salon, and then did more revisions based on their feedback, and now it's back in Susan's hands. Unfortunately, Susan has some deadlines to meet this month, and so, probably won't be able to get back to me till sometime in November. Aaargh! Oh well, As the Publishing World Turns ... very, very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment