Writing quote

Sure, it's simple writing for kids...Just as simple as raising them.
— Ursula K. LeGuin

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

71 WAYS TO PROMOTE AND MARKET YOUR BOOK

   I've been thinking a lot about promoting and marketing lately. Well, actually, I think about it all the time. I'm still learning and exploring ways to promote SACAJAWEA OF THE SHOSHONE, like participating on a panel of Redwood Writer's Club children's authors reading our books at Copperfield's Books in Santa Rosa on July 31st. 


From L. to R.: Natasha Yim (Sacajawea of the Shoshone), Helen
Sedwick (Coyote Winds), Nina Tepedino (If you Lived in Sam's Neck),
Sandy Baker (Dead Butterflies Diary)

   With GOLDY LUCK AND THE THREE PANDAS coming out though, I've been wondering what I haven't tried and what other creative ways there are to promote. See the red banner at the top of this blog boldly announcing Goldy Luck's release date? That's from HelloBar and you can create your own HelloBar for free. That, by the way, is one idea I got from YourWriterPlatform blog. So, check out some of their marketing tips. You may just find one you've never tried before. I'll also be posting some of my trials and tribulations of promoting and marketing in future blogs. I'd love to hear what your ideas, flops and triumphs are. Let's share the journey!



2 comments:

  1. Oh such a nice photo!

    I DID click on your red banner bar during my last visit and I LOVED that! It was fun, direct and easy, and popped easily onto my screen. What a cool tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy! I love it when I find really neat marketing tools and tips that don't cost an arm and a leg and something other than the usual blogging, tweeting and facebooking.

    ReplyDelete