Writing quote

Sure, it's simple writing for kids...Just as simple as raising them.
— Ursula K. LeGuin

Saturday, October 13, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS FOR CIXI, THE DRAGON EMPRESS UNCOVERED

   Okay, I admit it. Sometimes, I Google myself...or my books. Not because I have some self-obsessed need to see how often I come up in a Google search...okay, maybe just a little...But sometimes, I uncover interesting things that happen in relation to my books that I never knew about. Like the time a library in Maryland used Otto's Rainy Day as their featured book for a Springtime event and conducted rainy day art projects around it. How cool was that? 
   So, in Googling Cixi, The Dragon Empress the other day, I came upon two great reviews that I hadn't seen before. Catholic Lane's The Book Browser said, "This book is engrossing and will capture the minds of young girls, making history interesting and fun.", while the South Sound Book Review Council called it, "fascinating and well-written, this book informed me about a figure from history that I knew nothing about."
   Can you say, "Make my day!"?




No comments:

Post a Comment